- Malik, Sadia Mariam and Janjua, Yasin, Geography, Institutions and Human Development: A Cross-Country Investigation Using Bayesian Model Averaging (March 18, 2010). Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=1574396
- Janjua, Yasin (2009). “Process Monitoring and Evaluation Study of Sungi’s Cash for Choice Project for Internally Displaced Pakistanis (IDPs).” Abbottabad: Sungi Development Foundation Pakistan. http://www.sungi.org/cash_for_choice_project_study.pdf
- Janjua, Yasin. (2008). “Information Asymmetries in North-South Development and Research Partnerships.” Network for Policy Research, Review and Advice on Education and Training (NORRAG) News special issue on The New Politics of Partnership: Peril or Promise? NN41, December 2008 http://www.norrag.org/db_read_article.php?id=1183
- Human Development Center (2002) Human Development in South Asia 2002: Agriculture and Rural Development, Oxford University Press. http://www.mhhdc.org/reports/HDRSA%202002.zip
- Janjua, M. Y. and Javed, T. (1998). Fixed Investment in Pakistan’s Agriculture Sector: the Role of Exogenous Shocks.” SESRTCIC Journal of Economic Cooperation, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 95-112. http://www.sesrtcic.org/files/article/80.pdf
- Janjua, M. Y. and Javed, T. (1996). “Determinants of Agricultural Fixed Investment in Pakistan.” Government College Economic Journal, Vol. 29, No. 1&2.
- Malik, Sadia and Janjua, Yasin. “Do Institutions Matter for Human Development? Von Hügel Institute/Capability and Sustainability Network, University of Cambridge, UK
- “Situation analysis: Past and Present TVET Scene in Pakistan” Background Paper for Supporting the Program Design Process for National Skills Strategy (NSS) of Pakistan Nov 2008. (For GTZ)
- “A Study of the Informal Economy and Informal Skills Acquisition in Pakistan.” Working Paper No. 2, for supporting the program design process for National Skills Strategy of Pakistan Nov 2008. (For GTZ)
- “International Support to TVET in Pakistan: Past and Present” Working Paper No. 3, for supporting the program design process for National Skills Strategy of Pakistan Nov 2008. (For GTZ)
- “NAVTEC’s Current and Projected Activities and Capacity to Institutionalize and Implement Reforms” Working Paper No. 4, for supporting the program design process for National Skills Strategy of Pakistan Nov 2008. (For GTZ)
- “Innovative Project Fund Proposals for Implementing National Skills Strategy of Pakistan.” Project Proposals for Implementing National Skills Strategy of Pakistan Nov 2008. (For GTZ)
- “Economic Growth, Inequality and Poverty Reduction in Pakistan.” Canadian International Development Agency (2006-Upublished).
- Sadia M. Malik (2009) “Horizontal Inequalities and Violent Conflict in Pakistan: Is there a link?” Economic and Political Weekly. Vol. XLIV No. 34.
- Mahbub ul Haq Human Development Center (2008) “Human Development in South Asia 2008: Harnessing Technology for Human Development in South Asia.” Oxford University Press (forthcoming)
- Mahbub ul Haq Human Development Center (2007) “Human Development in South Asia 2007: Human Development in South Asia: A Ten Year Review.” Oxford University Press.
- Mahbub ul Haq Human Development Center (2006) Human Development in South Asia 2006: Poverty in South Asia: Challenges and Responses. Oxford University Press.
- Human Development Center (1998) Human Development in South Asia 1998: The Education Challenge. Oxford University Press.
- Human Development Center (1999) Human Development in South Asia 1999: The Crises of Governance. Oxford University Press.
- Mahbub ul Haq Human Development Center (2002) Human Development in South Asia 2002: Agriculture and Rural Development. Oxford University Press.
- Malik, Sadia M.; M.A. Choudhry; and Christof Batzlen. 1996. “Impact of Male Out-migration on Fertility rates and Education of Children: A Case study of a Punjabi Village in Pakistan.” Workshop proceedings on “Return Migration and Economic Development” organized by University of Hohenheim, Germany and Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad.
- “Radicalization in Pakistan and the role of Civil Society and Media” Paper presented at the International Seminar on “Counter Radicalization: Sharing Common Experiences” organized by “Pakistan Institute of Peace Studies” (PIPS) in collaboration with Defense & Strategic Studies (DSS) Department, QAU, Islamabad, Pakistan on May 4-5, 2009.
- “Unravelling the Causes of Health Inequality across Countries: The Role of Geography and Institutions.” Paper presented in annual conference of Human Development and Capability Association (HDCA) held on September 14-16, 2008 at New Delhi, India.
- “A Ten Year Review of the State of Health in South Asia.” Presented at a regional seminar organized by MHHDC on “Ten Years of South Asia Human Development Reports (1997-2007): An Analysis of Impact on Public Policy and People” held on June 27-28th 2008 at Islamabad, Pakistan.
- “An Analysis of Poverty in India.” Presented at a regional seminar organized by MHHDC on “Has Poverty Gone Down in South Asia? An analysis of poverty alleviation in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh” held on May 28th 2007 at Islamabad, Pakistan.
- “Mahbub ul Haq’s Perspective on Human Security in South Asia.” Paper presented in international seminar on “Security in South Asia in the non-traditional spheres and human security” organized by Institute of Regional Studies, Islamabad and held on October 17-18, 2006 in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- 2010, Time Allocations for Improving Governance in Society: Implications for Enhancing Governance in Social Protection Programs” for Poverty Reduction Strategies (PRS) Monitoring Project at Workshop in Islamabad Hotel, March 2010
- 2009, Time Use Survey and Valuation of Unpaid Care Giving Work: Implications for Satellite Health Accounts for Pakistan at The National Health Accounts Workshop December 15, 2009
- 2008 “Poverty Issues Challenges and Outreach in Pakistan,”2nd International Microfinance Country Forum 2008, 23rd August, Marriot Islamabad, Organized by Shamrock Conferences International.
- 2007 Lead presenter and panel discussant in Social Sector Action Plan 2007 symposium session on “Funding Agencies View” organized by Social Enterprise Development Program (SEDP) organized by Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) from April 13-14, 2007 in LUMS, Lahore, Pakistan.
- 1999 Paper presented in Midwest Economics Association Conference, Chicago, IL “Estimation of Demand Functions for Food Grains: Choosing Appropriate Functional Form Based on Time Series Data Characteristics (A Case Study of Pakistan).” (Unpublished).
- 1999 Paper presented in Seminar in Monetary Economics, Economics Department, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, USA. “Budget Deficits and Inflation: Some Further Results”
- 1999 Paper presented in Seminar on Consumer Behavior and Markets, department of Agricultural Economics Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS, USA “Estimation of Demand Functions for Food Grains: Choosing Appropriate Functional Form Based on Time Series Data Characteristics (A Case Study of Pakistan).” (Unpublished).
- 1997 Janjua, M.Y. and Javed, T. “Autonomous Shocks, Uncertainty and Fixed Investment in Agriculture Sector.” Paper presented at ILM Business Seminar (15-16 December Lahore: Pakistan).
- 1997 Janjua, M.Y. and Aftab, K. “Inter-firm Linkages and Employment Creation: An inquiry into the Subcontracting Relationship between Parent and Vendor Firms.” Paper Presented at ILM Business Seminar (15-16 December, Lahore: Pakistan).
- Janjua, Y. 1998. “The Political Economy of Educating the Masses: When Communities Take Charge,” The News International: Political Economy On Friday, August 1998.
- Janjua, Y. 1996. “Constitutional Dictatorship: Viceregal Legacy or the Need of Hour,” The News International: Political Economy on Friday, 7th February, pp. 18.
- Janjua, Y. and Tabassum, G. 1996. “The Story of a Nation that Dis-saved During its Years of Economic Progress,” The News International, Political Economy On Sunday, March 23, pp. 18.
- “How credible is national data.” Dawn. February 06, 2008. http://www.dawn.com/2008/02/06/op.htm
- “The Poverty of Opportunity.” Dawn. March 3, 2008. http://www.dawn.com/2008/03/03/op.htm
- “Threats to human security.” Dawn, May 03, 2008. http://www.dawn.com/2008/05/03/op.htm
- “Is the budget pro-poor?” Dawn, July 2, 2008. http://www.dawn.com/2008/07/02/op.htm
- “A war against Poverty.” Dawn, January 17, 2009. http://www.dawn.com/2009/01/17/op.htm
- “Technology for better service.” Dawn, August 2, 2009. http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/the-newspaper/editorial/technology-for-better-service-779